The sun has been shining and everyone is enjoying getting out in the garden, as a result we’ve had a flurry of requests for garden lighting!
Garden lights can transform your garden at night, creating the perfect atmosphere for using your garden long after the sun goes down. Outdoor lighting is not just for making your garden look pretty at night though, they also serve an important role in making your home secure.
Here are DCMD Electric’s top tips for lighting up your garden safely:
- Always buy good quality lighting from a reputable company.
- Be sure to purchase lights that are specifically designed for outdoor use.
- Have your lights installed by a registered electrician in accordance with BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations.
- Always keep lights clean and regularly check for damaged cables or lose connections.
- Remember to switch off the power supply before changing lamps.
There are lots of options available when it comes to outside lighting. If you would like to talk to an experienced electrician about your garden lighting, drop us a line and we’ll be in touch.